Saturday, June 23, 2007

KFXM Tiger Mag June 23, 1967

Monkees concert pictures.
In Bits & Pieces a mention of the British Monkes single Forget That Girl/Alternate Title. I remember hearing about this quite a bit.
Article about Beatles Our World being carried on KVCR

Knocking Light My Fire out of #1 Can't Take My Eyes Off You-Frankie Valli


Nice little tune by Tommy James-I Like The Way Wouldn't do much on the local or national charts.
Happy-Blades of Grass K/MEN will also start out playing this song, will change to playing the version by The Sunshine Company. And it will be that way on each of their charts as long as they were playing the song.

FLAHBACKS --- 1 YEAR AGO Great top 5!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Like The Way by Tommy James is one of the all time forgotten songs that ranks high on my favorites list. The last time I heard it on the radio was about 4 years ago on "Real Oldies" WSAI-AM in Cincinnati. Maybe it was a bigger hit in the Midwest because Tommy was from Michigan. Word is, Hanky Panky was recorded in the production studio of WNIL in Niles, Michigan.

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten that there were
2 versions of HAPPY. Blades of Grass
and the other by Sunshine Company.
Did a quick download of the Blades
version and I see why the Sunshine
version was better. Much more
uptempo. Blades is monotone throughout.

Ah, it was a great time
40 years ago, Mr. Pepper !!!

This is the kind of stuff you
can find on KFXM.com and RichBroRadio.com. Both internet
oldies outlets are great with this
music. Always some musical
surprises.