Monday, April 23, 2007

KFXM Tiger Mag April 21, 1967

Tommy James & The Shondells with their picture on the cover and the #1 song, plus an article inside.

An article about The Caretakers who had a few local hits, notably East Side Story
Highest rated debut Groovin'-Young Rascals #27
My favorites among the debuts #32 Him Or Me-What's It Gonna Be-Paul Revere & The Raiders. This song Good Thing and Ups And Downs were their three best 1967 hits
Also #38 Happy Jack-The Who. Make this the opening of the next CSI:San Diego with of course the main CSI guy named Jack (hey there's a Jack in a few other hit shows!)

My personal favorite, even though it wasn't a big hit (not even locally) We Had A Good Thing Goin'-The Cyrkle.
I even bought it back then, and in 1967 I didn't have much money to buy records. I know it's a strange song, but it was fun to listen to.




No comments: