Sunday, August 19, 2007

KFXM Tiger Mag Aug 18, 1967

Charlie Walters, Gary Marshall and Danny Dare on the cover. I want one of those KFXM shirts! Can somebody tell me where I can get one? Nice article/picture of Jimi Hendrix Experience. Now why wasn't that picture on the cover?




#1 Ode To Billy Joe-Bobbie Gentry, and look Happy is #6, but it is by the Blades of Grass.
Jimi Hendrix jumping up to #12 with Purple Haze. The Letter-Boxtops debuting at #19
My favorite this week Beg, Borrow & Steal-Ohio Express




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would the music director,
Gary Marshall then, continue
with the BOG version of HAPPY?
Hmmmm.....some connection
to Jubilee records?
I can take a nap with that song
on and wake up 3 minutes later
like it never played!

Anonymous said...

Yes, The Ohio Express' "Beg Borrow and Steal" was a great one. By the way, those t-shirts were long gone by the time I arrived in Sept. of 1967. KFXM never had station shirts during my 3 year run there. Jonny Bruce