Sunday, August 06, 2006

KFXM Don McCoy


"Dirty" Don McCoy on KFXM from the 1960's through the early 1970s. He went to K/MEN after that, but in advertising and not as a DJ. Best known for his women haters club, and as a magician. He MC'd a dance I went to in early 1970 where he wanted to give a prize out to someone named Fred. Nobody admitted to being Fred. He said to me "You look like a Fred", so I won a copy of Hey There Lonely Girl by Eddie Holman.
Thanks to "Dirty" Don himself for the article, the picture and the wonderful flyers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff.
I remember DM (Dirty old Man??)
back in Summer of 1968 when I hung around
the station.
He was a cool guy who looked
like he knew what he wanted
in his future. You knew there
was something ticking in his
brain that was more than
spinning the hits.
A FAN.

Richard Rubio said...

I know Don McCoy went to Riverside Poly..but did he also attend Notre Dame High School in Riverside?