Wednesday, October 06, 2010

KFXM October 3, 1959

Put Your Head On My Shoulder-Paul Anka #1
New in the top ten
Ballad Of Kookamonga-Homer & Jethro #7
I'm Gonna Get Married-Lloyd Price #8
Linda Lu-Ray Sharpe #10
Highest debut
Halfway To Heaven-Conway Twitty #25
 
New double sided "hits"
Misty/The Story Of Our Love-Johny Mathis
There's A Girl/My heart sings-Jan & Dean
I Dig Girls/We Got Love-Bobby Rydell
It Could Be/Fancy Nancy-Skip & Flip
So Tenderly/Don't Take The Stars-Mystics
So Many Ways/I Want You Forever-Brook Benton
Love Among The Young/Sharon-Jimmy Darrin
and how about You Go To My Head-"Doc" Stein & The Brain Surgeons

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Has anyone heard the Jimmy Darren song? I know "Sharon" is the Jimmy Bowen song, "I Ain't Sharin' Sharon" - is Darren's version any good.

Darren had a lot of flops - and a few hits - before his first & only #1 - "Goodbye Cruel World" in '61.