Saturday, November 03, 2007

KFXM Tiger Mag Nov 3, 1967

Bobby Vinton on the cover, and with the #1 song. Hey man! This is cool!!! Al Anthony and his wife, with Sammy Davis, Jr.
Bobby Vinton article, if you want to catch up on his back ground.


It's 1967 and Bobby Vinton has the #1 song Please Love Me Forever. I think that is amazing. Don't tell anybody, but I like Bobby Vinton from Roses Are Red in 1962 to Midnight Show in 1975 (not a hit, but I remember hearing on the radio, and it didn't sound like a Bobby Vinton song-good song, and not a polka).
Highest debut #33 Beautiful People-Kenny O'Dell, Bobby Vee (Bobbys are making a comeback)has a version out, although his version did not get played much around the Inland Empire.
Pata Pata-Miriam Makeba hitting the charts. One of my wife's favorite from around this time.

My favorite debut on the chart this week, Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)-John Fred & His Playboy Band. Until recently it was overplayed on the radio (and I listened every time), but now you never hear it anymore.
Massachusetts-Bee Gees Personal Pick. By this time I was buying all their singles.
I Heard It Through The Grapevine-Gladys Knight & The Pips. I say it's so much better than Marvin Gayes' version



No comments: