Tuesday, July 08, 2008

K/mentertainer July 6, 1968

Once again, The K/MEN lineup with their pictures.

Robert E. Walker and Donovan
Hurdy Gurdy Man-Donovan #1 . It took a few weeks longer to hit the top than on KFXM
Highest debut The Autumn Of My life-Bobby Goldsboro #26 I guess this was the followup to Honey
Hitbound
Anyway That You Want Me-American Breed I always like this song. Many people tried to make a hit out of it, but nobody did. My favorite was by Evie Sands, who would release her version in 1969
A new Stevie Wonder song You Met Your Match. A good song, but he will hit it big with his next two singles, For Once In My Life and My Cherie Amour

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like SHE'S A HEARTBREAKER would
be Gene Pitney's last big hit 40 years ago.
He passed away in the last 18 months.
But he left a great collection of
big hits.

Anonymous said...

"Anyway that you want Me"-Evie Sands; a great song that we gave a lot of airplay to on 105.5 KLFM when it was out. Jonny Bruce