Friday, March 12, 2010

KFXM & K/men March 12, 1965

Eight Days A Week/I Don't Want To Spoil The Party-Beatles #1
Highest debut Shotgun-Jr Walker & The Allstars #3
Yeh Yeh-Georgie Fame making it to #10 New
I'm Telling You Now-Freddie & The Dreamers
It's Not Unusual-Tom Jones
Not So Long Ago-UniquesStop! In The Name Of Love-Supremes #1
Highest debut I'm Telling You Now-Freddie & the Dreamers #5
New
I'll Be Doggone-Marvin Gaye
I Know A Place-Petula Clark
That'll Be The Day-Everly Brothers
Baby, The Rain Must Fall-Glen Yarbrough

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always did like NOT TOO LONG AGO
by the Uniques.
Out of boredom one day, I flipped it
over and found a nice jam called
FAST WAY OF LIVING.
I got a 2-for-one there.

The following year, they would make
ALL THESE THINGS a huge hit in the
IE. Same song was released later with
strings in the bridge. Made a great
song even better.

Yada-yada-yada.
Yes, all this is about "nothing".
Lots of yada.

William F. Earl said...

Rhett Walker REAPPEARED on this folder even though he had left KFXM and his picture removed from the PREVIOUS WEEK'S folder. He would play "the big room" in Los Angeles at KRLA in the fall of 1967.

KFXM Tiger Radio and K/MEN 129 in Doug's Stuff Room said...

It appears on March 12, they printed the old lineup on the cover (after changing it on the March 5th cover). I've got two photocopies of the same survey from two different sources, and they are the same. Next week it will be right. KFXM lost Rhett Walker, and gained Rod "Buddy" Budnik