Monday, January 28, 2008

KFXM and K/MEN 45 Years Ago

January 25 1963
KFXM Hey Paula-Paul & Paula #1 once again. Up to #2 Walk Like A Man-Four Seasons
"Wax To Watch"
#43 The Isley Bros version of Nobody But Me, later a big hit by The Human Beinz
#55 Lonely Bull-Jack Jones. Is this the same as Herb Alpert/The Tijuana Brass version? And it has words? Somebody explain this to me.

KMEN
OK now for the K/MEN-DOUS TEN.
I don't have a survey this week, but based on the following weeks survey, these were among the Top Ten
1) Hey Paula-Paul & Paula
2) Walk Right In-Rooftop singers
3) Walk Like A Man-Four Seasons
4) ?????????
5) My Dad-Paul Peterson
6) Java-Floyd Cramer
7) Tell Him-Exciters
8) Don't Make me Over-Dione Warwick
9) Little Town Flirt-Del Shannon
10) ????????

These songs could have been #4 Half Heaven, Half Heartache-Gene Pitney and #10 Rhythm Of The Rain-The Cascades , but no guarantee. This only based on the prior weeks position.

If anyone out there has a copy of January25, 1963 K/mentertainer and could make a copy for me, I will put it on the blog. And I really would appreciate it. Thank You.

No comments: