Wednesday, October 17, 2007

KFXM Tiger Mag Oct 13, 1967 + bonus

Nancy Sinatra 1967 Lightning's Girl. Didn't do as well as These Boots Are Made For Walking, but the song had a similar attitude. If you look below the 1967 issue, you'll see one of my favorite Tiger Mag covers, the first Nancy Sinatra from March 1966. Article about Nancy and also one about the Association inside.
Curent Beatle news included.



I don't remember how I did it, but I must have won about a dozen of the Wink 6 packs. They were not 12 ounce bottles, but rather either 8 or 10 ounce, I really don't remember which.

#1 Incense & Peppermints-Strawberry Alarm Clock
Highest debut Try It-Standells at #31 and #40 this week Glen Campbell-By The Time I Get To Phoenix. I wonder if these two songs ever segued into each other on KFXM.
Personal Pick I really like Back On The Street Again-Sunshine Company. Glad The Blades Of Grass didn't cover that one.
Two old Donovan songs as a personal pick Hey Gyp/War Drags On
Third Nancy Sinatra song as another personal pick Lady Bird (with Lee Hazelwood)

Interesting that in both issues that Nancy is on the cover, both hits are dropping down the charts
A lotof good songs on the 1966 Top 40.
A couple of good personal picks on the 1966 issue My Little Red Book-Love and Love's Made A Fool Of You-Bobby Fuller Four

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice sunes from 1966 but
what happened to "40 years ago
today" theme on the surveys?
It's nice to see what what
going on music-wise exactly
40 years ago.
Please return to that!

KFXM Tiger Radio and K/MEN 129 in Doug's Stuff Room said...

Look closely...The 1967 is the 40 years ago. The 1966 was just an added feature, because of the Nancy Sinatra picture.

Anonymous said...

oh yea. Duh and duh on me.
I'm satisfied.