Sunday, September 07, 2008

K/mentertainer September 7, 1962

Sherry-Four Seasons #1
Two debuts this week in the top ten
#9 Rinky Dink-Dave"Baby" Cortez
#10 It Might As Rain Until September-Carole King (Carole, it is September)New this week
You Belong To Me-Duprees First time I heard this, I would have said it was a 50's song.
Little Hollywood Girl-Crickets Hey! A group from the 50s!
Tony Bennett is about to have a hit with I Left My Heart In San Francisco
Hully Gully Guitar-Jerry Reed trying to get a pop hit.

I believe this issue is the first time K/men put in an announcement they were #1

Sorry, no copy of the other side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a fast rise to #1.
Only 7 months? Musta turned
Tullis & Hearne upside down.
But this would be the start
of fierce competition on both
stations. The race grew and grew
through 64 and culminated in 65.
I think KFXM took the crown back
in 65. Both stations were driving
each other into bankruptcy with
the car giveaways. What stopped it?
Management at both stations agreed
to halt it. Wise choice but kind
of unfair competition.
It was fun while it lasted.
BOTH stations sounded great.