Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas from KFXM and K/men December 25-26, 1970

KFXM presents the Top 100 of 1970 with My Sweet Lord-George Harrison at #1 (also the curent #1) The survey wasn't printed, but my list based on next weeks survey (last week's ranking) Highest debut #24 Mixed Up Guy-Joey Scarbury also new on the Top 30 Groove Me, Paying To The Piper, Watching Scotty Grow

Top Ten of The Year
1-My Sweet Lord
2-Close To You
3-Aint No Mountain High Enough
4-Make It With You-Bread
5-Let It Be-Beatles
6-Spill The Wine-Eric Burdon
7-I'll Be There-Jackson Five
8-Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head-B J Thomas
9-Cecilia-Simon & Garfunkal
10-Tears Of A Clown-Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
also some other interesting songs in the top 100
13-Indiana Wants Me-R. Dean Taylor
23-Brown Paper Bag-Syndicate of Sound
49 Let'd Work Together-Wilbert Harrison
55-Let's Work Together-Canned Heat
62-Gypsy Woman-Brian Hyland
71-Westbound #9-Flaming Embers
76-Viva Tirado-El Chicano
84-Lay A Little Lovin' On Me-Robin McNamera
95-Go Back-Crabby Appleton
100-Get Ready-P G & E (Should be either Get Ready-Rare Earth or Are You Ready-P, G & E)
Get Ready was the bigger hit on KFXM
Have A Merry K/men Christmas
It appears Dave McCormick is missing in action
One Less Bell To Answer-Fifth Dimension #1
Highest debut Sweet Mary-Wadsworth Mansion #26

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas 1970 was not a very merry one for me. Dave McCormick, one of the best PD's ever, was let go the week before. "Scooter" Seagraves was named the new program director. I gave my two weeks notice, and left K/MEN the first week in January. I loved the station and the people that worked there. New management came in and totally wrecked a great radio station. "Scooter" had no clue how to program the station. He added a bunch of album cuts that turned listeners off in groves.

Anonymous said...

Interesting bit from the Helms
man.

So where did JH go afer KMEN
and thereafter? Quit radio??

By the way, I do enjoy listening
to you on KFXM.com. It's
the tidbits I enjoy also.