Sunday, June 28, 2009

K/mentertainer June 28, 1969

Ballad Of John & Yoko-Beatles #1
Highest debut The Minotaur-Dick Hyman #17 New
Sugar Sugar-Archies
Crossroads of Steppin' Stones-Elephant's Memopry
Everybody Knows Maltilda-Duke Baxter




Artcles about Jim Webb, Fifth Dimension, John Lennon & Eartha Kitt, Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones, Jack Benny, The Who, Leonard Nimoy, Martin Landau, Mama Cass
Anyone going to see The Strawberry Alarm Clock June 28, 1969 at the Swing Auditoruim? Get your tickets at Harris', Lyles, Sages, Liers or Gillettes. Guest star Shylocke and Sue Parker

2 comments:

Harley Davidson said...

"Everybody Knows Matilda" is one of my all time favorites. How well did it do at KMEN?

Anonymous said...

I was out of the country this
time 40years ago and missed out
on Matilda. I have heard
it on internet radio stations and
like the song very much the
"first" time I heard it--decades
later.
I don't think this song charted
well. Never saw it on charts.

Oh, another one I missed out
the "first time" was SUGAR SUGAR.
Yet, when I came back, it was
in a stack of promo records I had
stashed away while I was not here.