Wednesday, May 26, 2010

KFXM May 26, 1961

Hello Mary Lou/Flip-Ricky Nelson #1 Traveling Man finnaly gets a mention, but called FLIP. Did KFXM have a problem with the song?
Highest debut Running Scared-Roy Orbison #15
Also debuting at #21 Raindrops-Dee Clark
The Astonaut-Charlie Manna (an LP cut) Was this the same as Bill Dana's The Astronaut? New
Stick With Me, Baby/Temptation-Everly Brothers
Heart & Soul-Jan & Dean
Girl Of My Best Friend-Ral Donner
Rama Lama Ding Dong-Edsels
Cupid-Sam Cooke
Day Train-Hi-Ballers (An answer to Night Train?)
Anyone get $5.90 for the best news tip of the week?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember this week in 1961.
Looking back at this chart, I wish
this would have lasted forever.
So much great stuff here.
The Spring of 61 lives on looking
back at this.
Thanks for sharing this.

BruceC said...

I remember this week very well!!! I was a young teenager living in Fontana and listening to KFXM every day on a 6 transistor radio I got the previous Christmas. By the time May rolled around, I'd decided I wanted to dedicate my entire career to radio. It's great to realize dreams. In Oct of 1971, about ten years later, I was doing afternoon drive 2-6p at KFXM having moved over from K/men 129. (Bruce Chandler)