Thursday, May 30, 2013

School's Out 1972

Someone mentioned their favorite song from this time of year.  School's Out-Alice Cooper.  It made its debut on KFXM June 23, 1972  as a Future Hit.  Got up to #4.  No KMEN surveys from middle of June until the end of September 1972, so I cannot tell you how it did on their survey.  I remember when this came out not too much hard rock being played.  This was more of a mellow 1972 with songs being played by Wayne Newton, Neil Diamond, America, Sammy Davis, Jr., David Cassidy and Donny Osmond and so on.
Good lineup on KFXM for the summer of 1972 Doug Collins, Chris Roberts, Bruce Chandler, Johnny Kaye, Ron Christian and Vic Moreno.
 
Notice the ad the "ALL NEW" Crest Theatre

3 comments:

Lord Darth Rageous said...

Hmmmmmmn, those WERE the days at the California Tiger with that gang of air staff!

Anonymous said...

"Hey, Alice [Cooper] baby, I sure like that pancake makeup, the purple eyeliner, and the chartreuse lipstick... Now tell me what happened at Carol Wayne's party the other night, heh-heh-heh-heh!
Oh, my-my... Dig you later, Alice."
-- Wolfman Jack aired on XPRS 1976

Anonymous said...

Summer is on my mind. When I was finishing elementary school I thought that "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" was a scandalous summer song. A few year later "Summer in the City" became my summer theme. Just remember those hot summer nights cruising E Street with all the windows open. Who had air conditioning back then? Of course at least 75% of all the Beach Boy songs can probably count as a summer song.