Thursday, July 05, 2007

KFXM 96.7

As most of you know, I started listening to the radio on a regular basis in 1966. I started listening to KFXM and then KMEN.
In Lancaster, Ca. and on the internet http://www.kfxm.com/ there is a new KFXM. They play what the original KFXM played back in the 50s, 60s and 70s plus more.
Well, yesterday, The 4th, when I listened on the internet before noon, KFXM sounded really good. Probably 15 out of the 20 songs I heard were songs from 1966! I was listening to the same songs I heard over 40 years ago on the radiop, all over again!
Some of the songs Yellow Submarine-Beatles, Sunshine Superman-Donovan, The Joker Went Wild-Brian Hyland, Yeh Yeh-Georgie Fame, Wild Thing-the Troggs, Leaning On A Lampost-Herman's Hermits. I liked it!
They often do this type of programing. You may haear a theme to some of the songs they are playing.
It's worthwhile checking out the station.

No comments: