Tuesday, April 22, 2008

KFXM April 1970

The first year of the 1970s. What was KFXM and K/MEN playing that year?
The djs
Doug Collins
Charlie Walters
Jonny Bruce
Don McCoy
Bob B. Blue
Gary Evans
Pghil Knight (not pictured)
The Beatles have just broken up. Each of the djs have voiced their opinions on the event.
Gary Evans was right. Just took about 25 years.Here is the KFXM survey April 17, 1970.
This was the last year for me in high school, so music was always on at home and in the car.
#1 Brown Paper Bag-Syndicate Of Sound (on Buddha Records). If you didn't listen to KFXM, you probably never heard this song. Being #1 is a mystery to me. Nationally it only got up to #73. The Syndicate of Sound was better known for Little Girl from 1966
Another unusual one is Angel On My Shoulder-Merilee Rush at #13. Better known for Angel Of The Morning
Favorite Future Hit: Get Rady-Rare Earth The single was short (and I bought it new), but the album version took up one side, over 20 minutes.
This and Let It Be-Beatles were the only singles off this survey I remember buying new.
I was starting to buy albums in 1970, and I bought the albums The Guess Who-American Woman, Let It Be-Beatles, Shilo-Neil Diamond, Bridge Over Troubled Waters-Simon & Garfunkel, Deju Vu-Crosvy, Stills & Nash, Cosmo's Factory-Creedence Clearwater Revival. They all had songs from this survey, plus a few other hit singles.
Next: K/MEN April 1970 K/mentertainer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KRLA played "Brown Paper Bag". That week it was the best seller at the 2 local record stores I called every week. Jonny Bruce