Sunday, April 13, 2008

K/mentertainer April 13, 1962

Soldier Boy-Shirelles, big jump to #1 from #9
#7 Big Bad Ho Dad-Lord Douglas Byron a novelty record with a very Kennedy sounding singer as a surfer boy. This was a local record, and I tought this was Brian Lord, or someone using a play on his name.
Anyone have the facts about Lord Douglas Byron
Anther obscure top ten song #9 Again-4 Col-quettes A lot of new entries on the Honorable K/mention
Walk On With The Duke-The Duke Of Earl on Vee-Jay Records. Is this Gene Chandler?
Such A Night-Vince Everett An Elvis soundalike, with an Elvis movie name.
A lot of familiar artists-Ben E. King,Gene Pitney, Jack Scott, Duane Eddy, Pat Boone, Sandy Nelson coming out with new songs.




Once again, the only part of the outside of the survey I have is the front cover. When I have copies I can only show what I have. When I get to my originals, you'll get the whole thing.


No comments: