Friday, February 22, 2008

Jonny Bruce, the new guy at KFXM in 1968

40 years ago Jonny Bruce became the weekend guy on KFXM. Pictures from when Jonny worked nights. And now a few comments from Jonny about working at KFXM.


It was a dream come true! I had been listening to KFXM since 1955 when I was 9 years old. It was the station I wanted to work for. With 4 years experience under my belt Al Anthony hired me when I walked into the station unannounced. He mentioned he remembered getting tapes from me during the previous years. My first assignment when I arrived in oct. of 1967 from the mid-day shift at 1510/93.5 KASK was the Sunday news slot on Sherman Mason's day off. But I longed to play those great hit songs I loved so I got the weekend gig when it opened up. Those 590 days were the best. Jonny Bruce

No comments: