Tuesday, February 19, 2008

KFXM Tiger Mag Feb 16, 1968

Article about The Cream, with a picture, too.
Charlie Walters an Sherman Mason with one those Beauty Pagent winners again.
The same Love Is Blue-Paul Mauriat #1 Also #2 and #3 stayed the same as last week.
Lulu has two in the top ten Best of Both Worlds and To Sir With Love
Hey! Look who's the new Weekend guy! The one and only Jonny Bruce. Jonny write to me and tell me about your first day, week or month at KFXM.
It'll be awhile before he will get his picture in the Tiger Mag, but he will eventually.
Personal Picks
American Breed-GreenLight
John Fred-Hey Hey Bunny
The followups didn't quite make it for them.
The Union Gap (Gary Puckett) had better luck with Young Girl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a dream come true! I had been listening to KFXM since 1955 when I was 9 years old. It was the station I wanted to work for. With 4 years experience under my belt Al Anthony hired me when I walked into the station unannounced. He mentioned he remembered getting tapes from me during the previous years. My first assignment when I arrived in oct. of 1967 from the mid-day shift at 1510/93.5 KASK was the Sunday news slot on Sherman Mason's day off. But I longed to play those great hit songs I loved so I got the weekend gig when it opened up. Those 590 days were the best. Jonny Bruce