Saturday, February 02, 2008

KFXM Tiger Mag Feb 2, 1968

Announcement in Bits & Pieces about Elvis's NBC Special coming in December.
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band picture. There are going to be at the "Purple Haze" in Riverside.

#1 Love Is Blue-Paul Mauriat keeping Cream-Sunshine Of Your Love at #2. Big difference in these two songs.
Big jump into the top ten at #5 October Country-October Country also Dionne warwick-Valley Of The Dolls at #8
Yes, this is the February 2, 1968 survey. It just has last week's date on it.
#36 Tomorow-Strawberry Alarm Clock, one of my favorites.
Notice a personal pick Love Is Blue, I believe three vocal versions by
Al Martino/Kellem/Claudine Longet (although I'm not sure about Kellem version being a vocal)
Another personal pick I like Melody For You-Grassroots



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: "It's Not Easy" by the
Will-o-Bees [sic]...I'd heard this
tune only about twice,on a then-
alternative FM station in Houston,
Texas called KFMK...located in the
place of my youth,Spring Branch...

But I never knew any details about
this band...including the odd
spelling of their name...and that
this song was written by legendary
people Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil!